Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bright Owls Mobile

Here is a project from before I started blogging. Before I even bought my sewing machine! The dark ages...actually about a year ago.

While I was pregnant with Lucy, I wanted to make something for her but we were still unsure if she was a boy or girl. So this was pre 20 week scan. I think I might have been about 15 weeks when I made this.



I used some felt, buttons from my huge op-shop stash, and ribbon to hand stitch these little owls and create a mobile. I used some white felt to make the moon and stars hanging down the centre.


The mobile hangs above Lucy's change table. It is in front of a mirror so she likes to look at two mobiles - the real one and the reflection! The ring for the top part of the mobile is just a wire circle I picked up for a dollar at my local craft store, and I wrapped the ribbon all the way around. The whole project was very thrifty and probably cost around $5.


I love their odd eyes, makes them look extra rustic and handmade. The owls were inspired from the Owl & Pussycat mobile in the book The Crafty Minx by Kelly Doust - lots of fanstastic projects for beginner crafters and budding seamstresses.

Have you entered my giveaway yet? You have until Sunday - don't miss it!!

Linking with lots of other lovely creative people here today.

1 comment:

  1. That's cute! I bet she loves the colours! I was going to make a mobile for Hannah, but never got around to it... perhaps with the next one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - I adore hearing from you! I love to reply personally via email so if your email isn't visible in your profile feel free to leave it in your message so I can get in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...